First, let me say this isn’t your typical tater tot hotdish. Most recipes you find online call for peas, carrots, and sometimes even cheese. If you are anything like me… cheese is not my favorite thing in the world, peas don’t belong anywhere but at the store, and carrots can just stay in the fridge. Tater Tot Hotdish is one of the easiest recipes to manipulate because you can add basically anything, or make it as simple as you want! Add some fresh celery and mushrooms for extra flavor and texture, or add some scrambled eggs (and maybe even some hash browns for extra carbs) and call it breakfast tater tot hotdish. Top it with some Ketchup, because who doesn’t love Ketchup on hamburger and potatoes.
Tater Tot Hotdish
- 1lb hamburger
- 1 can of green beans
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can of corn
- 1 bag of tater tots
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large pan, brown hamburger.
- Once the hamburger is browned, drain excess grease and return to the pan.
- Add green beans, corn, and cream of mushroom soup to the hamburger and mix well.
- Add the mixture evenly in an oven safe dish (dish size is your choice).
- Top the mixture with an even layer of tater tots.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 45 min.
- Uncover and continue baking for another 15 minutes, or until Tater tots are crisp.
- I like to add a little bit of seasoning salt, garlic powder, and onion powder while browning my hamburger.
- I always add a splash of soy sauce to my bowl for a little extra flavor.
- To add a little extra flavor to the tater tots, spice them up with your favorite fry seasoning or seasoning salt.
"*" indicates required fields