Note: This article may contain commentary or the author's opinion.
This is a family favorite! These meatballs are smothered in creamy gravy and jam packed with flavor. I enjoy having these over a bed of egg noodles, but they would be great over rice or mashed potatoes too!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 slice of bread, soaked in milk and gently squeezed out
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp pepper
- salt to taste
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients for meatballs in a large bowl and combine everything until evenly incorporated.
- Use a cookie or ice cream scoop to get an even amount of meatball mixture so they are all about the same size. Roll all the meatballs prior to cooking and lay out on parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a large pan or skillet over medium heat.
- Add meatballs to the pan and cook until about halfway done. They should be browned on the bottom. Flip and cook until almost done.
- Take meatballs out of pan and set aside. Do not drain the juices.
- In the same pan, melt another 2 tablespoons of butter and whisk in the flour. Once the mixture looks smooth, keep whisking and pour in warmed beef stock.
- Let mixture come to a simmer and continue whisking. Add sour cream, Dijon mustard, heavy whipping cream, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Once sauce starts to thicken, add meatballs back in and simmer together for a few minutes. Remove from heat and serve.
"*" indicates required fields