I first found this recipe during the Covid outbreak. When you have nothing but time on your hands, binge watching YouTube is a great time killer.
Though I must say that watching videos of food when you can’t taste or smell is torture.
I recommend waiting until you kick Covid to the curb, then make this delicious recipe!
I make this all the time with mild sausage and no cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes.
I’m not big on hot spices. Tweak it as you will. It’s a very forgiving recipe. Let me know how you like it!
Spicy Sausage Lemon Linguine (for the Instant Pot)
- 1-2 lbs. Sausage – all depends on how meaty you want it. You can use hot or mild sausage, depending on how spicy you want it.
- 2 Shallots diced
- 3 Lemons, zested and juiced
- 4 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Tbsp Salted Butter
- 16 oz. Baby Bella Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbsp crushed or minced garlic
- 3 ½ cups Chicken or Garlic Broth
- 1 tsp each of dried parsley and dried oregano
- ½ tsp each of cayenne pepper and crushed red pepper flakes (optional, can be left out if you prefer not spicy)
- 1 lb Linguine
- 5-8 oz Spinach
- 1 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ cup Heavy Cream
- Turn Instant Pot to Saute, add extra virgin olive oil and let heat up for 3 minutes.
- Add shallots, saute for 3 minutes
- Add butter. If you are not going to add mushrooms, do not add the butter. Skip this step.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 3 – 5 minutes, stirring constantly for even cooking.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add sausage and saute for 3 minutes. It does not have to be fully cooked.
- Add lemon juice and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add broth and dried seasonings, stir to incorporate.
- Add linguine noodles, will need to break in half to fit in the pot. Smooth out so noodles are covered.
- Add spinach on top and do NOT stir.
- Place the lid on and set the knob to seal.
- Cancel Saute on instant pot
- Cook on high pressure for 6 minutes.
- Do a quick release and stir contents.
- Add parmesan cheese and heavy cream and stir.
- Add lemon zest to taste and stir, reserving some for garnish.
- Serve it up with lemon zest on top and enjoy!
"*" indicates required fields