If you’re anything like me, you don’t always want to come home after working all day and cook up an entire meal.
Crockpot meals are always my go to because you just throw everything in and it does the work for you.
I LOVE finding new recipes to test out in my crockpot, and I was so happy I found this one. It includes chicken, cheese, and pasta.
What is there not to like?! My family ALWAYS requests this dish, and I make it at least once a month. It’s a household favorite!
Slow Cooker Pesto Mozzarella Chicken Pasta
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 6 hours
Serves 8 people
- I prefer to use parsley as the garnish
- I recommend using fresh mozzarella cheese and shredding it yourself. It melts way better and does not get as clumpy.
- 1 ½ lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 jar pesto (6.25 oz)
- 5 Tbsp butter
- ½ lemon
- 1 lb cooked rotini
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- ¼ tsp dried basil for garnish (optional)
- Add the chicken to the slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add in the pesto, then squeeze the lemon juice over the chicken. Cut the butter into slices and add on top.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Near the end of the cooking time, cook the pasta according to the package directions and drain.
- Shred the chicken with 2 forks. Add the cooked pasta and Parmesan cheese. Stir everything until the pasta is coated with the buttery pesto sauce, and the chicken is evenly dispersed throughout the pasta. Add the mozzarella cheese over the pasta. Cover for about 15 more minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
"*" indicates required fields