Note: This article may contain commentary or the author's opinion.
I have so many favorite foods that in order to list them all I have to break them down into categories (who doesn’t)! My all time favorite sandwich is a mix between a philly cheese steak and a french dip!
One thing I HATE about sandwiches is when you get this BEAUTIFUL full sandwich, you go to take a bite, and BAM half your sandwich is now on your plate and just a mess! This sloppy version of the philly is SO MUCH EASIER to eat and surprisingly less messy!! It is so yummy and easy to make!!
I personally like to throw some thinly sliced mushrooms in there, toast the bun with some butter in a hot pan, and add some mayo! I love to make up some au jus sauce to dip it in as well!! From this day forward sloppy sandwiches is the only way I will make a sandwich!
Sloppy Philly Cheese Steak
Ready in 20 minutes
Serves 4-6 sandwiches
- 1 Lb of your favorite deli roast beef
- 1 Medium onion
- 1 Green pepper
- 6-8 slices of white American cheese
- 4-6 of your favorite roll or bun
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Cut the roast beef into small bite size pieces, Dice the green pepper and onion into small pieces ( pea size or smaller)
- Add butter to a medium/ large pan with green pepper and onion. Sauté until onions are translucent and peppers are cooked.
- Add the roast beef and fry until browned
- Add the cheese and mix until melted.
- I like to butter the inside of the rolls and brown in a separate pan
- Add your favorite condiments (I typically add mayo and make au ju sauce)
- Use any cheese you prefer I personally enjoy white American