Note: This article may contain commentary or the author's opinion.
They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. However, I have a hard time waking up early enough to get myself ready, make breakfast, and get to work on time. Usually I need to cut breakfast out of the equation entirely. Planning ahead and making something you can save and just reheat quick throughout the week makes my life so much easier. Breakfast burritos are the perfect option for this!
You can add any fillings you want to breakfast burritos and then freeze them. When you’re ready to eat, just throw them in the microwave for a couple minutes. This is one of my favorite recipes to throw together on a lazy Sunday.
- 1lb breakfast sausage
- 10 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 cups your preferred shredded cheese
- 2 Tbsp butter
- In a large skillet, brown and crumble the sausage until cooked through. Drain grease, cover with paper towel, and set aside.
- Melt one tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet, then add eggs, salt, and pepper. Cook until set and no longer runny while stirring continuously. Add sausage and remove from heat.
- Add some of the egg and sausage mixture to the middle of the tortilla, sprinkle the cheese over it, fold the sides and roll the tortilla.
- Melt the remaining butter in a skillet and place the burrito in the pan. Cook until golden brown on both sides, about 1 minute each.
- Repeat process for remaining burritos. Serve hot or freeze and save for later.
- I like adding some onions and peppers into the egg and sausage mixture to add some tasty veggies and color to the burritos. You can also try and add some more seasonings to spice it up a bit.
- Bacon is a delicious substitute for sausage. You can also add it in with the sausage. The more, the better!
- If reheating burritos, cut in half and microwave for 30 second increments to ensure it’s heated completely through.
"*" indicates required fields