These bars make the perfect treat for the holiday season. They are so soft and chewy, and loaded with chocolate, oats, and, of course, peanut butter. The red and green sprinkles give the bars a “pop” that makes these great for Christmas! You can also add different colored sprinkles and make these for 4th of July, Halloween, and more!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- l large egg yolk
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup Christmas mix peanut butter M&Ms
- 3 Tbsp Christmas sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 9×13 baking pan with parchment paper or foil and leave some overhang around the pan. You will be able to lift the bars out of the pan once finished this way so they are easier to slice.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and oats. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer (fitted with paddle attachment), cream together butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and sugar until fluffy and light in color, about 2 minutes.
- Add in vanilla, egg, and egg yolk, and blend together. Scrape down sides of the bowl if need be.
- Add dry ingredients (in sections) into the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and M&Ms.
- Press the batter into the prepared pan. Top with sprinkles and gently press into dough.*
- Bake 14-16 minutes, or until lightly browned on edges. Bars will still look pale and slightly underdone in middle. That is okay, DO NOT OVERBAKE.
- Let bars cool for 30 minutes, then cut into squares and serve, or save for later. Enjoy!
* I reserve some of the chocolate chips and M&Ms, and press those on top of the dough as well before baking
"*" indicates required fields