Note: This article may contain commentary or the author's opinion.
Crockpots are truly a gift. I love coming home after work and not having to worry about cooking an entire meal for the family. These tacos are a favorite in my household because of how delicious and addicting they are. It’s also a favorite for me because of how easy this is to make and how little clean up comes after.
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 10 oz Rotel with lime juice and cilantro
- 4 oz mild diced green chilis
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup salsa con queso
- taco shells
- Lightly spray crockpot with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place chicken in single layer and sprinkle evenly with taco seasoning.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together Rotel, green chilis, and chicken broth. Pour evenly around chicken.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 4-6 hours.
- Drain excess liquids. Leave just a bit of liquids in the crockpot. Shred chicken using two forks, then sppon queso on top and gently mix with chicken, coating evenly. Cover and cook on low for 15-20 minutes. Serve with tortillas and your favorite taco toppings!
- You can substitute for original Rotel or Rotel tomatoes and green chilis.
- If you use jarred queso, you can use the remainder as a topping for your tacos.
- Use the chicken mixture for other stuff too – burritos, bowls, wraps, etc.
"*" indicates required fields