Note: This article may contain commentary or the author's opinion.
Whenever I am craving something sweet, this is always my go to treat! These cookies are smaller, but they make up for the size with their richness. Let’s be honest, who cares about the size? You’ll probably eat the majority of these in one sitting. I usually have all the ingredients already in my kitchen, and it’s easy and quick to make!
Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
Serves: 22 cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ¾ cup cake flour
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Cream together butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer.
- Add sugar and beat for 1 minute. Add egg and combine. Mix in extracts.
- In a separate bowl, combine cake flour and baking powder. Slowly add the flour mixture to the cream cheese mixture and beat until combined.
- Refrigerate dough for at least 1 hour. (Dough can be stored for a couple days this way until ready to bake)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cover surfaces and hands with flour to prevent sticking. Roll out 1-2 inch balls of dough. Use the bottom of glass dipped in flour to slightly flatten out each ball. *Careful not to flatten too much, otherwise they will not puff up.*
- Bake for 9-11 minutes. Let cool completely. Cookies will save up to 4 days.
**Important: These cookies can burn very quickly! Watch carefully and remove from oven once underside edges start to turn golden.