Note: This article may contain commentary or the author's opinion.
You know how there are some foods that you hear the name and there is only one good way to make it, and then others you hear the name and there are endless ways to make it?
Chicken salad is one of those foods that can be made in an endless amount of ways. I personally cannot stand when I order chicken salad and it is served with raisins or grapes and cashews in it. Don’t get me wrong I love all of those foods… Just not together.
If you are one of those people (like me) that loves to take a recipe and make it your own than you are going to LOVE this recipe. It will remind you of “grandmas cook book” where honestly there are no measurements its more of a season to your on taste.
You can do SOO much with this recipe, that I practically change it every time I make it! Sometimes I will add a little celery and seasoning salt, and eat it over crackers. Some times I add some noodles and a little extra mayo and make is a pasta salad. This past week I made it very basic and ate it as a sandwich!
Give it a whirl and let me know how YOU doctor it up!!
Ready in 5 min
This is a great starter recipe that can be doctored up any way you like.
You can add cheese, nuts, noodles, ect.
Eat it as a sandwich, on crackers, or as a pasta salad!
You can play with the seasonings you add (sometimes I throw in some seasoning salt)!
- 1 can chicken breast
- 4 baby dill pickles
- Dash of onion powder
- Dash of garlic powder
- Big spoonful of mayo
- Nice drizzle of mustard
- Good ol’ shake of everything bagel seasoning
- Drain the can of chicken then put into a bowl
- Finely chop the pickles ( I put mine in a small food processor)
- Add pickles to the chicken with a small splash of pickle juice for flavor
- With a fork break up the chicken and mix in the pickles
- Add a good size spoon full of mayo and a nice drizzle of mustard
- Mix well
- Add garlic powder, onion powder, and bagel seasonings to taste
- Mix well and enjoy!