Little fun fact about me… I have an extreme shopping problem. Now this is not your typical “girl” shopping problem like shoes, clothes, bags, or makeup… My extreme shopping problem is FOOD!!
If the word “foodie” was in the dictionary I’m almost positive it would have my picture as the definition.
When I make my grocery list my intention is to go to the store get what I need and get out! That never happens I always do the casual up and down the aisle stroll and get 4 – 5 times more things than I had on my list.
Since I always over buy at the store my fiancé suggested we try Hello Fresh so we would be eating a bit healthier and I wouldn’t over buy groceries. We gave it a try for a couple months and I definitely found some recipes that are tweaked and in my recipe book for good! This recipe is one of them.
I made this gravy/sauce and fell in love! I make it dang near every time we have steaks OR mashed potatoes because it is soo good on both!
Mushroom Steak Gravy
Ready in 10minutes
- If the sauce is not thick enough you may want to add a small amount of cornstarch to thicken.
- I typically pour excess steak juice into the gravy and mix for a little more flavor.
- Goes great over steak and mashed potatoes.
- ½ container of mushrooms
- 2 Beef bullion cubes
- 1 ½ Cup water
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 2 green onion stocks
- ½ Tbsp butter
- Slice mushrooms and green onions thin
- Add butter and mushrooms to medium pan and saute
- Once the mushrooms are almost done add the green onions.
- Once green onions and mushrooms are sauteed, add water and beef cubes.
- Let the broth boil and the cubes melt down.
- Once cubes are gone turn heat off and add sour cream.