I created this recipe the other night while I was looking in my pantry and trying to figure out what I could make for dinner. It was Sunday night and I forgot to grab groceries (like always), so the pickings were slim. My husband loves buffalo chicken, and I knew I had chicken and buffalo sauce, so I decided to experiment and throw a few things together. The end result was so tasty! Feel free to experiment with different seasonings and measurements.
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 cup water
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 Tbsp buffalo sauce
- 8 burger buns, optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place chicken breasts in the instant pot and add water. Close the lid and make sure the pressure release valve is shut. Set the instant pot on manual, high pressure, for 10 minutes.
- Once cooking is complete, let set for 3 minutes and release pressure.
- Remove chicken from pot and discard juices. Return chicken to pot and shred.
- Place cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, and buffalo sauce into the pot and mix well. Season to your liking, and combine.
- If the pan starts to cool and you have troubles melting the cheese, turn the instant pot to warm and continue to mix. Keep an eye on this as it is easy for the cheese to burn.
- Scoop chicken on buns using tongs and serve. It also works as a great dip!
- I didn’t have hamburger buns on hand, but I did have garlic bread. I would almost recommend using garlic bread instead. It added tons more flavor!
- Using a ranch seasoning packet will also add to the flavor.
"*" indicates required fields