With the prices rising everywhere, it is hard to eat healthy and stick to a diet. Normally, the healthier a meal, the more ingredients there are and that is more money out of your pocket. I have been on the hunt to find a healthier option for dinners that my toddler will eat and won’t break the bank. This turkey and sweet potato casserole is absolutely perfect and so simple! The whole family loves it and there are so many things you can do to tweak it and make it your own!
- 1lb ground turkey
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 zucchini
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 5 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and chop them into cubes. Place in 9×13 glass baking dish and toss with 2 Tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes are in the oven, brown the turkey over the stove. Sauté with 1 Tbsp olive oil, the remainder of the garlic powder and rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Chop the zucchini into slices, then quarter.
- Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven. Add the ground turkey and zucchini and combine.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and combine the remainder of olive oil. Top with parmesan cheese.
- Place back in the oven for 10 more minutes.
- Remove and serve warm.
"*" indicates required fields