This is the perfect meal for working families! It is my go to for those late nights where I don’t want to cook anything. It’s quick, easy, and kids will love it. All you have to do is toss all the ingredients in a pan, and the oven will do the rest. You will not regret trying this one!
This recipe is ready in about 45 minutes, including both prep and cook time. It normally serves around 5-6 people.
- 12 oz package whole wheat penne pasta
- 24 oz jar pasta sauce
- 2-3 cups water
- 1 lb chicken breasts (cut into small pieces)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup italian breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Dump uncooked noodles, pasta sauce, water, chicken pieces, and ½ cup mozzarella cheese into the baking dish. Add salt and pepper, then mix it all together. Make sure there is enough liquid in the pan to cover all of the pasta and chicken.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil and return to the oven for an additional 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Spread breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, and remaining mozzarella cheese over the pasta dish. Bake uncovered for 10 more minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bread crumbs are golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!