Note: This article may contain commentary or the author's opinion.
As you know, I LOVE SOUP! What I love even more is soup that I can cook in the crockpot. Yes, it will take a little longer, but I’m a set-it and forget-it kind of girl! Pair it with some warm bread with a butter spread and it makes for the perfect cold winter day meal.
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- In a 6 quart crockpot, add in whole chicken breasts, carrots, onion, celery, garlic, olive oil, thyme, and bay leaf.
- Add chicken broth, water, and season with salt and pepper. I used 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6-7 hours.
- Remove cooked chicken breasts and cut into bite sized pieces. Place chicken back into the crockpot, along with the egg noodles and parsley.
- Cover and cook until noodles are tender, about 5-10 minutes.
"*" indicates required fields