Bacon, potatoes, and cheese. What more could you ask for? I made this recipe the morning after my bachelorette party with all my girlfriends. Needless to say, it was completely gone by the end of the meal. It is so good and very easy to make.
- 1/2 bacon
- 4 cups frozen hash browns*
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 Tbsp butter
* You can use either cubes or shredded, I prefer shredded
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon according to preference. Remove bacon and keep the bacon drippings for the skillet. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Add potatoes, salt, and pepper to skillet with bacon drippings and stir together for roughly 2 minutes.
- Cover and cook about 12 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are browned. After about 10 minutes, add the butter in sections.
- Make 5 wells in the potato mixture and break one egg in each well. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 minutes. Eggs should be completely set.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bacon crumbles, and serve!
"*" indicates required fields