Many people know about Christmas Crack. The reason it is called ‘Christmas Crack’ is because of the cracking sound it makes when you bite into it. However, I call it Christmas Crack because of how addicting it is! This is super simple to make and it only involves 5 ingredients.
- 1 sleeve saltine crackers
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 oz milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Add a single layer of saltine crackers to the cookie sheet.
- Over medium heat, bring the butter and brown sugar to a boil, continuously stirring so it doesn’t burn.
- Remove from heat and add the vanilla extract.
- Pour the mixture over the saltine crackers and bake for 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately pour on the chocolate chips.
- Allow to melt slightly and spread the chocolate over the mixture evenly.
- Cool completely and break into bite size pieces.
- You can change the light brown sugar with dark brown if you prefer.
- I like to measure vanilla extract with my heart. You can always add more than called for.
- DON’T BURN THE BUTTER MIXTURE!!!
- You can add topping before the chocolate is completely melted. Some of my favorite toppings are sea salt, chopped nuts, m&ms, and crushed peppermint pieces.
"*" indicates required fields