Note: This article may contain commentary or the author's opinion.
Many people know about Christmas Crack. The reason it is called ‘Christmas Crack’ is because of the cracking sound it makes when you bite into it. However, I call it Christmas Crack because of how addicting it is! This is super simple to make and it only involves 5 ingredients.
- 1 sleeve saltine crackers
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 oz milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Add a single layer of saltine crackers to the cookie sheet.
- Over medium heat, bring the butter and brown sugar to a boil, continuously stirring so it doesn’t burn.
- Remove from heat and add the vanilla extract.
- Pour the mixture over the saltine crackers and bake for 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately pour on the chocolate chips.
- Allow to melt slightly and spread the chocolate over the mixture evenly.
- Cool completely and break into bite size pieces.
- You can change the light brown sugar with dark brown if you prefer.
- I like to measure vanilla extract with my heart. You can always add more than called for.
- DON’T BURN THE BUTTER MIXTURE!!!
- You can add topping before the chocolate is completely melted. Some of my favorite toppings are sea salt, chopped nuts, m&ms, and crushed peppermint pieces.
"*" indicates required fields