One of my favorite meals growing up was Chicken Alfredo! Not the jarred kind you find in the store or the pre-done frozen kind. I’m talking homemade from scratch Alfredo!
My mom always made this recipe and I still swear to this day that its better than most restaurants!
If you’re like me and picky when it comes to different cheese you know it is SOO hard to find a GOOD sauce. Well you can stop looking because you found it! This recipe is so easy to make and is made of everyday items you could find in your fridge and cupboards!
I strongly recommend trying it with your favorite meat like steak or shrimp and add veggies to it! Sometimes I like to add broccoli and mushrooms to change it up! Give it a try and comment what you think!
Chicken Alfredo Sauce
Ready in 20 minutes
Serves 4 people
- ½ Cup butter
- 2 Cup milk
- 2 Tsp garlic powder
- 6 oz grated parmesan cheese
- 2 chicken breasts diced
- Splash of vegetable oil
- Corn starch
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until done.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Melt butter on low careful not to burn
- Add garlic powder
- Add parmesan cheese mixing together
- Add milk whisking thoroughly
- Thicken with cornstarch to your liking.
- Once thick, add additional seasoning if needed.
- I typically add seasoning salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper when cooking my chicken for a little extra flavor.
- This sauce would go great with shrimp, or steak, or with no meat!
"*" indicates required fields