Don’t you just love a meal that lasts more than one night? This dish saves great and is the best for those busy weeknights when you have little time to cook. It’s fairly basic and cheap to make, and many of the ingredients you probably already have on hand.
- 20 oz frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 lb ground beed
- 1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded or shaved
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Cook the pasta al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×13 inch casserole dish.
- In a large skillet, add ground beef, Italian seasoning, onion powder, and pepper. Brown the ground beef and drain the excess grease.
- Stir in the pasta sauce and cream cheese. Let simmer for a few minutes until the sauce is well incorporated.
- Gently toss you cooked tortellini in with the sauce mixture and pour into casserole dish. Sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan.
- Bake uncovered for about 20 minutes. Switch oven to broil and continue baking until cheese starts to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes and serve.
"*" indicates required fields