Note: This article may contain commentary or the author's opinion.
This cake is a great option when you are having the girls over for a girls night. A few drinks and a sweet treat just can’t be beat. The best part is that it doesn’t take a lot of effort to make.
- 1 package devil’s food cake mix
- 1/2 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 6 oz caramel ice cream topping
- 3 cars chocolate covered toffee, chopped
- 1 8 oz container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Bake cake according to package directions for a 9×13 pan. Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Make slits across the top of the cake, making sure not to go through the bottom.
- In a saucepan over low heat, combine sweetened condensed milk and caramel topping, stirring until smooth and blended. Slowly pour the warm mixture over the top of the cake, letting it sink into the slits.
- Sprinkle the crushed toffee pieces liberally across the entire cake while still warm.
- Let the cake cool completely, the top with whipped topping. Decorate the top of the cake with some more toffee pieces and swirls of caramel topping. Refrigerate and serve right from pan!
- I like to crush my toffee candy into small chunks as opposed to crumbs. I like to have pieces I can chew on!