Note: This article may contain commentary or the author's opinion.
Hungry for pasta? Then you need to try this recipe! Tuscan Chicken Pasta is loaded with sautéed chicken breasts and crispy bacon. This hearty spaghetti recipe will please even the pickiest eaters. Feel free to use either spaghetti or angel hair pasta.
- 12 oz. spaghetti or angel hair
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 6 slices bacon (or more since bacon is the meat of all meats)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 c. diced tomatoes (fresh or canned, but fresh is best)
- 3 c. baby spinach
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1/3 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- Freshly torn basil, for garnish
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook until golden and no longer pink inside, about 8 minutes per side. Let rest 10 minutes, then thinly slice.
- Meanwhile, in the same skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crispy, 8 minutes. Drain on a paper towel–lined plate, then chop. Pour off half of the fat from the skillet.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, and spinach to skillet and cook over medium heat until fragrant and slightly wilted, 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, then add heavy cream, Parmesan, and 1/2 cup of reserved pasta water. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta and toss until fully coated, then add chicken and bacon and toss until combined. (For a looser sauce, stir in more reserved pasta water.)
- Garnish with basil before serving.
"*" indicates required fields