Note: This article may contain commentary or the author's opinion.
This recipe was the one that my mom always got asked to bring to family gatherings. It is tasty, can easily be doubled or tripled, and the leftovers are just as good as the day you made it! It is one that you can have less guilt about grabbing seconds and it so tasty, even the kiddos will eat it!
- Dressing can be adjusted based on taste
- I like Craisins for added sweetness
- Can use Miracle Whip if preferred (then cut down on sugar a bit)
- Gets better as the dressing soaks into the broccoli.
- Can add shredded Cheddar Cheese for more flavor!
1 Large Head of Broccoli
¼ C. sunflower seeds
1 Package Bacon
½ C. Raisins (or Craisins)
½ C. Mayonaise
¼ C. Sugar
1 Tbsp. Vinegar
- Fry the Bacon until crispy – Cool – then crumble
- Cut up the Broccoli into bite sized pieces – focusing on the florets, not the stems
- Mix all dressing ingredients together, put aside
- Mix broccoli, sunflower seeds, bacon, and raisins together.
- Coat with dressing until lightly coated.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Better if left over night.
"*" indicates required fields