This delicious beef recipe has a blend of flavors. It’s an easy crock pot recipe that you can put together ahead of time making it a simple fix for dinner on those busy nights. No need for take-out with a recipe like this and any leftovers can be saved and used as lunches either in the refrigerator or the freezer. This is also a great recipe to use in batch cooking.
- 5 pounds of roast beef any cut
- 1 pack of onion soup mix
- 16 ounces of whole pepperoncini peppers
- 1 diced onion
- 1 cup of beef broth
- Sear the outside of the beef in a cast-iron pan over medium-high heat for four or five minutes.
- Place the beef inside of the crock pot after searing.
- After searing the beef add the diced onion to the mix. Cook the diced onion until translucent.
- Scrape the diced onion that is now translucent and caramelized on top of the beef inside the crockpot.
- In a bowl, mix the beef broth and onion soup mix. Whisk well.
- Take the 16-ounce jar of pepperoncini Peppers and dump it along with the juice over the top of the roast inside of the crock pot.
- Spoon the beef broth and onion packet mix on top of the beef inside the crock pot.
- Cover with a lid and cook on high for eight hours or on low overnight.
- 30 minutes before serving take two forks and shred the beef inside the crock pot.
- Recover the crock pot and place it on high for the next 30 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- This is a great meal to make ahead and save for lunches during the week. Pepperoncini Pot Roast can be saved in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to seven days. To reheat simply pop in the microwave until warm enough or put inside of a pan and heat on medium-high for 10 minutes.
- The key to this recipe is keeping the lid on so that very little or no liquid escapes. Additionally, add water as needed to keep the meat moist and tender. Moist and tender meat is necessary to shred easily.
- Ideally, two forks should be used to shred the meat. However, if necessary, it can be cut and then shredded.
- If a lot of the recipe is leftover, you can separate it into individual containers with lids and freeze them for batch cooking. This is a great recipe to double and then part out for batch-cooking. Batch cooking is an important component of having food on hand that can be easily reheated so that you can avoid take-out.
- Things that can be added are garlic powder, onion flakes, celery salt, shallots, green onions, and apple cider vinegar. Pork shoulder or pork round can be substituted for beef.
"*" indicates required fields