Sometimes lunch just makes you want to cry. You’ve sat through a torturingly long meeting or tackled a barrage of email messages with no end in sight since dawn, and it’s all you can do to will yourself to make it to lunch.
What awaits you is a pathetic little number that you’ve brought from home. Insert whatever between two things that are supposed to be bread. Maybe you try to spice it up with a side, like a bruised apple, and then you come to terms with the truth.
You are in store for a sad desk lunch.
Nooooo! Not you!
You know it doesn’t have to be that way, don’t you? Even if your “desk lunch” is in a home office you can kick it up a notch with this delicious and satisfying wrap inspired by the mighty and classic Caesar salad. Romaine lettuce, crispy and crunchy, covered with a creamy, garlicky dressing and topped with croutons and scrumptions fried chicken. Take these layers of deliciousness and put them in a tortilla wrap for a terrific to-go lunch, or a quick on-the-fly meal meeting Zoom calls at home.
The great things about this recipe is that it takes few ingredients – five, to be precise – and can be a snap to make with a couple of store-bought key items: Caesar Salad dressing and frozen chicken tenders.
Of course homemade dressing and tenders are ideal, but given people’s predilection for not having enough time why not take advantage of items ready to go?
Frozen chicken tenders can jump start your meal. Simply turn on the oven, wait until it has preheated to the desired temperature, and bake. While the chicken is cooking you can prep the other ingredients. Easy peasy, right?
One thing to note is that you roll these salad wraps. Patty Catalano of The Kitchn explains how:
Rolling a salad-style wrap is so easy, even the kids (or beginner cooks of any age) can find success! Start by arranging the ingredients in an assembly line for easy access. Lay the flour tortillas on a cutting board, top with baked chicken tenders and romaine lettuce, drizzle with Caesar salad dressing, and finish with shredded mozzarella cheese. Fold two opposite sides in toward the center, then roll the wrap up from the bottom. Secure the wraps with a toothpick, if desired, and cut in half.
- 12 ounces frozen chicken tenders
- 1/2 medium head romaine lettuce
- 4 (8- to 10-inch) flour tortillas
- 4 tablespoons store-bought or homemade Caesar salad dressing, divided
- 4 tablespoons shredded low-moisture mozzarella cheese, divided
- Bake 12 ounces frozen chicken tenders according to package instructions. Meanwhile, tear 1/2 head romaine lettuce into bite-sized pieces until you more or less have 2 cups.
- Place 4 (8- to 10-inch) flour tortillas on a work surface. Divide and arrange the chicken tenders across the center of each tortilla. Top each portion of chicken with 1/2 cup lettuce, 1 tablespoon Caesar salad dressing, and 1 tablespoon shredded mozzarella cheese. Fold the sides together over the filling, then roll from the bottom up like a burrito.
- Cut in half, if you wish, serve immediately or wrap in foil or plastic to bring to work for an awesome desk lunch.
"*" indicates required fields