I’m a simple southern person, a meat and ‘taters kind of gal. But sometimes I like to pretend I’m higher class. The best way to pretend that is to make a high class dish. I’m not talking sushi, that stuff should be outlawed. Gross! I’m talking about mushroom risotto! It’s creamy, earthy and so very delicious! And it couldn’t be easier in the Instant Pot! If you don’t have one of these yet, what are you waiting for? Put it on your Christmas, birthday, anniversary, just because you are awesome lists and get you one! Or you can do what I did and whip out your credit card and charge it. It’s the American way.
- 1 Tbsp oil (Whatever kind you fancy. I used vegetable oil.)
- 4 Tbsp butter, halved
- 1 Tbsp crushed garlic (I use the squeeze bottle kind, because like the Instant Pot, I like to make things easy.)
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley
- 1 Tbsp truffle oil (This is optional. I didn’t have it and I didn’t miss it.)
- 2 shallots, diced
- 16 oz Portabella mushrooms
- 1/2 c dry white wine (Any kind that you like to drink so it’s not wasted!)
- 2 c Arborio rice (Don’t use minute rice! We are trying to be fancy here!)
- 4 1/2 c chicken or mushroom broth (Better than Bouillon is my preferred magic broth maker.)
- 1/2 c grated parmesan cheese
- In Instant Pot, add 2 Tbsp butter and 1 Tbsp oil and heat until butter is melted and bubbly.
- Add shallots and saute for 2 minutes
- Add garlic and saute for 1 minute
- Add mushrooms and the rest of the butter and saute for 3 minutes. Keep stirring! Lay off the wine if you are starting to feel lazy.
- Add 1/2 c dry white wine. Stir and deglaze for 1 minute. If you drank it all, it’s okay because this is optional, but recommended.
- Add 2 c Arborio rice and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the 4 1/2 c broth of your choice.
- Stir and add Seasoned salt, black pepper, Italian seasoning, and dried parsley.
- Stir and pressure cook high for 6 minutes.
- Quick release.
- Stir and add parmesan cheese and truffle oil (if you are using it.)
That’s it! You just became fancy! Now go and impress your friends and family.
Ready in: 30 minutes, give or take. What do you want from me? I was drinking the wine.
Serves: Just me, because I’m the only one in my family that likes mushrooms. But I would guess 6-8 for a family of fungus lovers.
Calories: I don’t know because I don’t count calories. I like to enjoy my food without guilt.
"*" indicates required fields