Here is a classic dish that everyone should know how to make. It is a cheap and easy dinner that is very filling. It’s perfect for a tight budget family, which, unfortunately, is most Americans during this year of mandates. But on a brighter note, this recipe is also delicious! Who said cheap food couldn’t taste good? Not this lady. I’m all about cheap and easy. Take a look at this recipe and let me know how you like it. I plan on making it again real soon. This will be a staple in my recipe box.
- 1 large egg
- 1 medium to large onion, chopped (Your choice of onion. I like sweet onion, myself.)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup crushed saltine crackers (You can use bread crumbs if you like.)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, onion, milk and cracker crumbs.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- place in a lightly greased 9×5-inch loaf pan, or form into a loaf and place in a lightly greased 9×13-inch baking dish.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard and ketchup. Mix well and pour over the meatloaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Garnish top with parsley, mostly for color.
Tip: If you have any leftovers, you can freeze it for a later date, or even better, use it for lunch the next day. Slap a slice between your favorite bread, add some barbeque sauce as a condiment and enjoy!
"*" indicates required fields