Indulge your taste buds with the irresistible combination of smoky bacon, tender water chestnuts, and a tangy balsamic glaze in these delectable appetizers. These bacon-wrapped water chestnuts are the perfect crowd-pleasing bite-sized treat for any occasion. With their savory and sweet flavors mingling together in every bite, these appetizers are sure to be a hit at your next gathering. Easy to make and bursting with deliciousness, this recipe will leave your guests craving for more. Get ready to savor the delightful blend of textures and flavors in this bacon-wrapped water chestnut appetizer with balsamic glaze.
- 1 can (8 ounces) whole water chestnuts, drained
- 8 slices of bacon
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set it aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the balsamic vinegar and brown sugar. Place the pan over medium heat and bring the mixture to a gentle boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until the glaze has thickened. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cut each slice of bacon in half widthwise. Take one piece of bacon and wrap it around a water chestnut. Secure the bacon in place by inserting a toothpick through the center of the water chestnut. Repeat this process with the remaining water chestnuts and bacon.
- Place the bacon-wrapped water chestnuts on the prepared baking sheet. Brush each piece with the balsamic glaze, reserving some for later.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until the bacon becomes crispy and cooked through, turning them halfway through the cooking time.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and brush the bacon-wrapped water chestnuts with the remaining balsamic glaze.
- Serve the appetizers warm, using the toothpicks to skewer them for easy handling. You can serve them as is, or with an extra side of the balsamic glaze for dipping.
Enjoy your delicious bacon-wrapped water chestnut appetizers with balsamic glaze!
"*" indicates required fields