What’s a summer afternoon without a delicious cold scoop of ice cream? Do you want to give the kids a sweet treat and have them help in the kitchen? Well, now you don’t have to go out and buy ice cream from the grocer or a specialty shop because you can make it at home. No churn ice cream can be made at home without a machine and stress. The best part, it only has three ingredients. What a wonderfully fun idea to make with the kids. Take a hot afternoon to whip this up and have delicious ice cream for the entire week. You’ll thank yourself later.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer whip the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form in the bowl. The cream will be done when you can pull the beaters out and the cream stays standing up.
- In a second bowl, whisk the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract together.
- Fold the whipped heavy whipping cream into the second bowl with a spatula slowly. Blend the two together so that the mixture remains light and airy.
- Add flavoring or pieces during the mixing process. This can include any nuts, candies, or frozen strawberries pieces.
- Place the mixture in an airtight container and put it in the freezer for 4 – 6 hours, stirring every 2 hours.
- You can add chocolate flavoring, strawberry syrups, caramel syrup, marshmallows, gumballs, walnuts, and so much more to enhance the flavor. The combinations of flavors in this recipe are only limited by your imagination.
- Ensure that you stir the mixture in the freezer every two hours as this is important to prevent it from becoming rock hard. Without stirring it can end up like ice milk instead of ice cream.
- When mixing the heavy whipping cream add a drop or two of food dye to give your ice cream an extra pop of color. You can mix and match colors to find your favorite. It’s also a very fun thing for children to do.
- The homemade no-churn ice cream will last six months in the freezer if kept in an airtight container.
- When adding flavors to the recipe, only add a small amount at a time. Too much can ruin the texture of the ice cream and overwhelm the flavor.
- Make sure to chop up all nuts, candies, or other items you wish to add to your ice cream. Large pieces will be difficult to eat afterward.
- Make sure that the heavy whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla extract are of the highest quality. Although this recipe has very few ingredients, it’s especially important that they be the best.
- This recipe has 293 calories, 23 grams of carbohydrates, 4 grams of protein, and 21 grams of fat.
"*" indicates required fields