Note: This article may contain commentary or the author's opinion.
With the weather changing, it makes me think of hot cocoa, hot coffee, bonfires and scarves. It also reminds me of my dad’s Irish cream that he would make around this time. He would send it home with us in glass milk jugs to add to our coffee or cocoa!
It is super simple to make all on your own, and it keeps in the fridge for a while (not that it will last that long!!!!)
**Must only be consumed if over 21 years of age, please drink responsibly**
**This recipe is intended for consumption if 21 years of age or older. Please see Tips section if you would like a non-alcoholic option.**
- This makes great gifts in decorative airtight jars!
- Perfect to add to coffee or cocoa
- Great on its own over ice
- If you prefer a non-alcoholic option, please leave out the whiskey and use 1 Tbsp Vanilla extract, 1 additional tsp of instant coffee and 3 oz of water.
1 Can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/3 Tbsp. Chocolate Syrup
10 oz. Rye Whiskey
1 tsp. Instant Coffee (heaping)
16 oz. Coffee Rich (or another non-dairy creamer)
Almond flavoring (optional)
- Put Eggs into a blender and mix lightly until combined
- Add sweetened condensed milk and chocolate syrup
- Blend 3 minutes
- Add Rye Whiskey, instant coffee, coffee rich and almond flavor
- Blend for 7 minutes
- Store in airtight glass bottle in fridge
- Shake before use