Introducing a mouthwatering sheet pan recipe that will simplify your cooking and delight your taste buds: Sheet Pan Chicken and Potatoes. This easy-to-make dish combines tender, juicy chicken breasts with golden-brown baby potatoes, vibrant bell peppers, and savory herbs. With just one pan and a handful of ingredients, you’ll create a satisfying and flavorful meal that requires minimal effort and clean-up. Whether you’re a busy weeknight cook or a fan of hassle-free recipes, this sheet pan chicken and potatoes is sure to become a new favorite in your kitchen. Get ready to enjoy a delicious and wholesome meal that brings together convenience and incredible flavors!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1.5 lbs (680g) baby potatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C) and line a large sheet pan with parchment paper or foil for easy cleanup.
- In a small bowl, combine the minced garlic, olive oil, chopped rosemary, thyme leaves, paprika, salt, and black pepper. Stir well to make a marinade.
- Place the chicken breasts on the prepared sheet pan and brush them generously with the marinade, making sure to coat both sides. Reserve a small amount of the marinade for the potatoes.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the halved or quartered baby potatoes, sliced bell peppers, and sliced red onion. Pour the remaining marinade over the vegetables and toss to coat them evenly.
- Arrange the marinated chicken breasts on one side of the sheet pan and spread the vegetables on the other side, making sure they are in a single layer. Season the vegetables with a sprinkle of salt and black pepper.
- Place the sheet pan in the preheated oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are golden brown and tender. You can check the doneness of the chicken by inserting a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the breast—it should read 165°F (74°C).
- Once cooked, remove the sheet pan from the oven and let the chicken rest for a few minutes before serving. This will help the juices redistribute for maximum tenderness.
- Serve the chicken and potatoes on a platter or individual plates, garnishing with additional fresh herbs if desired. Enjoy your flavorful and easy sheet pan chicken and potatoes!
Feel free to adjust the seasonings and herbs according to your taste preferences. You can also add other vegetables like carrots or zucchini for added variety.
"*" indicates required fields