Note: This article may contain commentary or the author's opinion.
Nothing says welcome to my home like a nice slice of delicious cool cheesecake in the middle of the summertime. This is one delectable treat you are going to want to serve cool and you’re going to want to serve it to everybody that comes to visit. What better way to make someone feel welcome and to show off your culinary skills to the neighbors? Once you try this recipe to make easy peasy cheesecake, you’ll never go back to another way.
- 9-10 whole graham crackers crushed
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 5 1/3 tbsp. melted butter
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- two 8-ounce packages of cream cheese at room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- Use a 9-inch pie pan which is at least an inch and a quarter tall.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- To make the crust, mixed together the crushed Graham crackers, confectioner sugar, melted butter, and salt.
- Once completely mixed, press the crumbs into the bottom and sides of the pie pan. Ensure that the layer on the bottom of the pie pan is thicker than the sides.
- To make the filling, mixed together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla until the filling is smooth once again. This should be done on a low setting or by hand to avoid beating too much air into it.
- Place your pie pan on a baking sheet to make sure transportation out of the oven and into it is smooth. Pour your filling into the crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes then add a crust shield or a piece of aluminum foil over the cheesecake. Bake for an additional 10 minutes which brings the total baking time to 30 minutes. A thermometer inserted into the filling about an inch from the edge should be between 165 degrees Fahrenheit and 170 degrees Fahrenheit. The filling will not look set in the center.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and set it on a cooling rack. Once it’s cool you can refrigerate it in an airtight container until ready to serve.
- Serve cheesecake cool.
- Cheesecake can be served with drizzled chocolate, strawberry jam, chocolate powder, powdered sugar dusted, canned peaches, whipped cream, ice cream, caramel on top, and just about any sort of delicious dessert sauce you can think of.
- Make sure the filling is not lumpy. To do this the cream cheese must be at room temperature and well beaten.
- To decorate your cheesecake with delicious toppings, place your liquid topping such as seedless jam, chocolate, or even whipped cream in a zip lock bag. Snip the very corner of the zip lock bag so that just a tiny hole is there. Use the zip lock bag to decorate your cheesecake like icing a regular cake.
- For individual cheesecakes the crust mixture and filling mixture can be divided amongst many springform pans. The cheesecakes can be baked for 30 minutes until a thermometer reads between 165 degrees Fahrenheit and 170 degrees Fahrenheit. The recipe and baked times are the same for individual cheesecakes.