What do you do with all of the leftovers from Thanksgiving? I’m assuming you have leftovers. I hope you have leftovers, because this recipe sounds and looks so delicious! And the best part is it’s easy! Everything is already cooked. With this recipe you just layer it until the leftovers are gone or the pan is full, whichever comes first.
A friend of mine, and also co-worker, Colleen, gave me this recipe. I haven’t tried it yet, but I certainly will this Thanksgiving! I love when I come across quick and easy meals, especially after Thanksgiving. After all of the cooking that you did yesterday, you certainly don’t feel like making another time consuming dinner the next day. At least that’s my mindframe. I mean, in all honesty, I’m probably still cleaning up the next day. Don’t judge…turkey makes you sleepy. It’s a proven fact. Duckduckgo it. (Don’t you be using Google. You’re a patriot)!
Anyway, let me know if you give this recipe a try. I’m definitely going to make it!
- 4 cups leftover prepared stuffing, divided
- 4 cups coarsely chopped leftover cooked turkey (Roughly a pound).
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (I plan on using Pepper Jack and Colby Jack cheeses).
- Leftover turkey gravy (The amount varies depending on taste. I’m southern. Gravy is it’s own food group, so I will be using a lot. And the gravy is optional, but really, why wouldn’t you use it)?
- Dried cranberries for garnish (Optional).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray 8 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spoon in 2 cups of the stuffing and drizzle some gravy over it.
- Top with turkey and drizzle some more gravy over it.
- Combine 1/4 cup mayo with cranberry sauce; evenly spread over turkey.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup mayo, potatoes and cheese in large bowl.
- Evenly spread on turkey and drizzle a little more gravy.
- Top with remaining stuffing and, you guessed it, drizzle with more gravy.
- Bake 40 minutes, or until heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish, if desired, with the dried cranberries.
How easy was that? And now you have all of the leftover dishes to do. 🙂 I can’t wait to try this!
"*" indicates required fields