I don’t know a single person who doesn’t like chicken. So from that statement, you know that I don’t have any vegan/vegetarian friends. Not that I’m bashing their dietary style. It’s just not my thing. I love my meat. Not enough to go hunting for it, mind you. That’s why we have grocery stores. Now with this plandemic going on, the shelves are starting to get bare. Soon I may need to harness in my granny’s energy and pick up the shotgun and go get dinner. But I digress. Back to the recipe.
This is a good recipe for any day of the week, but it will take about 45 minutes, give or take, to finish her up. It is so good! I know I say that about all of the recipes, but it’s true! I wouldn’t lie to you. The chicken is juicy and the sauce is creamy. You can even add this between two slices of a crunchy baguette and have yourself a crunchy, creamy chicken alfredo sandwich. That sounds like lunch for tomorrow.
I forgot to take a picture of the food before I ate it. This is the closest I could find on the internet. It’s not exactly what it looks like, but do you really need a picture of a piece of chicken with alfredo sauce on it? If so, feel free to send us one and I’ll update this recipe. It took one smell from this dish and taking a picture was the last thing on my mind.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 Tablespoons of butter, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon onion, minced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place flour in shallow dish or plate. Sprinkle chicken with salt, coat with flour.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons of butter over medium-high heat in a large skillet. (Cast iron is best because I’m biased.)
- Add chicken and cook, turning once, until golden brown. (About 2-4 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of your chicken breast.)
- Remove chicken from skillet and place in a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Heat remaining butter over medium heat until hot.
- Add garlic and onion and cook until onion is tender.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and add heavy whipping cream, Parmesan cheese and pepper.
- Cook until sauce is bubbly and slightly thickened.
- Spoon sauce over chicken in dish.
- Bake chicken until for about 10-12 minutes, or until temperature reaches 180 degrees in the center of the chicken.
- Sprinkle with parsley and enjoy.
"*" indicates required fields