Indulge in the flavors of the sea with our exquisite Pan-Seared Scallops with Lemon Beurre Blanc. This elegant appetizer is sure to captivate your taste buds and set the stage for a memorable anniversary dinner. The scallops are perfectly seared to achieve a delicate golden crust, revealing a tender and succulent interior. To elevate the dish further, we present a luscious Lemon Beurre Blanc sauce, a velvety concoction of butter, white wine, and fresh lemon, which envelops each scallop in a heavenly embrace. With its beautiful presentation and harmonious blend of flavors, this appetizer will leave you eagerly anticipating the culinary journey that lies ahead.
Pan-Seared Scallops with Lemon Beurre Blanc
- 12 large scallops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Pat the scallops dry with paper towels and season them with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the scallops to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until they develop a golden crust. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the chopped shallot and cook until softened and translucent.
- Pour in the white wine, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Simmer for a few minutes until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Stir in the heavy cream and cook for another minute.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and whisk in the remaining butter until it melts and the sauce becomes smooth and glossy.
- Place the scallops on serving plates and drizzle the lemon beurre blanc sauce over them.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
Tune in tomorrow for the Main Course that will have you salivating with anticipation!
"*" indicates required fields